Holistic Pregnancy Program
My Signature Program
Are you underwhelmed by the faceless prenatal care you have been receiving?
Are you tired of waiting for hours and then getting rushed out of the door before your questions are answered?
Has your prenatal care been focused on finding a medical problem?
Are you a smart woman who is going through the motions in the system but yearns for something more?
Meet Dr. Cohen
I am a mother of nine children and have personally experienced: a planned home birth that transferred to the hospital, a planned hospital birth that happened quickly and spontaneously at home, gentle home births with support from a traditional midwife and a planned hospital birth due to a pregnancy complication. My varied birth experiences have gifted me first hand intimate knowledge of what it feels like to be bound by the constraints of the medical industrialized birth model as well how it feels to birth sovereignly in your power.
I understand the medical system because I worked in that system for many years. I left industrialized medical prenatal care and birth behind to return to my authentic midwifery and wise woman roots.
I am the missing piece to help you understand what is happening with your body and your baby.
I offer prenatal connection not medicalized prenatal care.
“Thank you so much for your care on my pregnancy journey. You gave me such relief that was so greatly needed and gave me hope for making it to the end of the journey in a happy healthy place. You also helped restore my confidence in my ability to carry and deliver that beautiful baby! The care you extended was deeply felt, much needed and truly appreciated.”
The Holistic Pregnancy Program is for you if:
- You are planning to birth with your midwife or obstetrician and need help navigating industrialized prenatal care and childbirth
- You are having a Wild Pregnancy and planning a Sovereign Birth and desire support on your journey to birth outside of the system
- You want an in-depth discussion about the tests that are routinely offered during pregnancy and the interventions that are standard during labor and delivery
-You are looking for alternatives to pharmaceuticals and recommendations of complementary therapies and herbal treatments
- You desire holistic guidance to enhance your self-care during pregnancy
You have a vision for your perfect birth but you are not sure how to make it happen
“When I encountered the most vulnerable and life-altering phase of my life, Dr. Cohen helped me navigate my way through pregnancy with respect, compassion, and trust in my body. I will forever remember the love on her face as she cared for me and supported me through that process. She was absolutely vital to my physical and emotional success, and I give her my highest level of recommendation and gratitude!!!”
Medicalized "standard" prenatal care and childbirth practices are flawed and not based on science or research but rather have been proven to be unnecessary and oftentimes even harmful.
Women are the experts in their own bodies and their own babies. I give curious women the information they need to make their own decisions and stop ceding their personal authority to outsiders. True prenatal care is the care you give to yourself during your pregnancy. I provide holistic guidance on how you can optimize your health during pregnancy.
I help you integrate your body's truth and wisdom with the blueprint for normal physiologic birth and evidence-based information.
Why you need this connection:
Our sessions together include:
* The time to listen to every aspect of your story including your unique health history and how you arrived at who you are in this moment.
* Education in what constitutes a normal pregnancy and undisturbed physiologic birth
* Recommendations of complementary therapies, herbal remedies, self-care techniques, and dietary and lifestyle changes to help with common discomforts of pregnancy
* Emotional and spiritual support including working through fear surrounding pregnancy, birth and Matrescence (the physical, emotional, hormonal and social transition to becoming a mother)
* Advice on how to move forward in autonomy with clear communication with your doctor or midwife
* Bodywork for in-person sessions includes one or more of the following: Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy®, Holistic Pelvic Care and Craniosacral therapy. Read more about the benefits of these techniques below.
Your Holistic Pregnancy Program:
Six 1 hour Sessions
* Session 1: Getting to know you - Comprehensive review of your unique health history and current concerns
* Sessions 2-5: Specifically tailored to suit your needs including:
*Instruction in Self Care practices
* Recommendations of complementary therapies and lifestyle changes to support your health and wellness
* Recommendations of herbal therapies if indicated
* Session 6: Blessing the Doorway - Read more about it here
Six 1 hour Sessions/ $1320
In my Louisville, Kentucky Office
In-Person sessions include:
* Bodywork incorporating Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy®, Holistic Pelvic Care, and Craniosacral therapy. Read more about the benefits of these techniques below.
“My work with Rebecca has been profound. During the last few weeks of my pregnancy, I walked into one appointment limping from back pain. The baby was bunched up on one side and in a strange position. My treatment that day helped my back and my hips immediately. That night, the baby moved around all during the night. The entire next week, I wasn’t in pain, and when I went to my next appointment, my uterus was is good alignment, with baby head down. I really attribute that to the work Rebecca did that day, releasing muscles and helping create space for the baby. Beyond that, my work with Rebecca helps remind me of the sacred and miraculous process that birthing is, helps me connect with my baby and my body in deeper ways, and helps me feel grounded and held.”
In-person treatments include:
Mayan Abdominal Therapy for Pregnancy
Traditionally, Mayan midwives give an abdominal massage as part of their routine care for pregnant women. Mayan Abdominal Therapy (MAT) is very supportive of the physical changes experienced by women during their pregnancy. Abdominal Therapy can be safely received throughout pregnancy – as your uterus grows, the ligaments of the uterus stretch, and pelvic floor muscles are put under greater tension. The techniques of MAT are altered depending on what is currently happening in your body to optimally align your uterus within your pelvic bowl and decrease tension and strain. The bones of the lower back and pelvis are also aligned to ensure good blood supply to the fetus, improved nerve supply to the uterus, proper fetal positioning for delivery, and more comfortable pregnancy and labor.
Regular monthly MAT treatments during pregnancy can help prevent or treat the following:
Abnormally frequent urination
Ligament pain & discomfort
Pain while sitting
Low back pain
As part of your MAT treatment during pregnancy, you are taught how to do a special self-care massage which helps deepen your connection to your body and growing baby. The massage helps you to relax and alleviate your symptoms with your own two hands.
Not only do women receiving MAT regularly throughout pregnancy have less of the discomforts common to pregnancy mentioned above, but MAT practitioners have also repeatedly found that their clients experience significantly shorter and easier labors. Midwifery-based providers that have integrated MAT into their care have reported positive differences in birth outcomes including more efficient contractions and shorter labors. The "Ready Set Go" protocol performed at or after 38 weeks helps encourage ideal alignment of the baby’s position within the mother’s pelvis improving the likelihood of an uncomplicated delivery.
Holistic Pelvic Care is a combination of physical and energetic tools developed by Tami Kent, M.S. Physical Therapy, designed to assess and restore balance to the pelvic space of the female body. Holistic Pelvic Care offers a framework for Energy Medicine providing balance and guidance through the emotional and physical transformative process of pregnancy and birth.
Holistic Pelvic Care
You might also be interested in:
Blessing The Doorway is a journey done in your eighth or ninth month of pregnancy that you can take on your own or with loved ones and members of your birth team present.
Utilizing a deep understanding of the
physiologic and psychologic needs of postpartum women, I offer mother-centered postpartum care for family wellness.
I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It's easy.